These beautiful posters are all about COUSINS — second, third and more! The branches of the tree grow from a family from the past. Lopsided trees are very natural. They usually feature eight (8) generations. A small Pedigree ‘chart’ can be used to show more generations leading to the family focused on.
Each circle includes a whole family. Parents are shown in BOLD and children are listed below in a regular font. Details include the birth-death year of each person, and parents also include birthplace and year of marriage (as provided in your research). As children chose a partner they get their own circle in a new generation colour.
Each generation is shown in a different colour. It becomes very easy to see how you relate to others in your family. Large circles equal large families. Strings of same coloured circles are siblings. The poster starts with the oldest family at the bottom of poster and grows to the most current near the top.
How do I order?
1. Orders are placed with a $75 deposit
3. Email your file to graphics@FamilyAncestrees.com
Things to note:
- A proof will be sent to you for review before the final art is ready. Family can be editted, removed, and added.
- In the case of multiple marriage partners all partners can be listed, with all children showing below. If you wish Step children can also be listed. It is your family – you decide who is in or out.
- In the case of marriages between cousins duplicate circles will occur. The children’s families will only branch from the male side.
- Spellings will be as provided
- Birthplaces will be edited to show City/Town, Province/State and Country if outside of North America. This needs to be brief and will not include counties.
- If you have not included data it will not appear.
How much does a Descendant Poster cost? Descendant Posters start at $250. Trees with more relatives go up in price. A deposit of $75 is required along with your gedcom file. Once received the gedcom will be assessed for a final quote. Approval of this is needed to proceed. Where additional costs may arise:
- More Relatives
- Extensive editing of birthplace names
What do I receive with my Descendant Tree Art order? You will receive a print-ready PDF file and a small email-able jpg for sharing. The benefit is no cost for shipping. You can arrange printing with any large format Printer near to you (Typically Sign-A-Rama, FedEx, Signs-R-Us). You can print as many copies as you chose. If you want Family Ancestrees to provide prints we can arrange printing for you. Just let us know when we are designing your poster so we can add this to your final quote.
FREE Lottie Chart
Get a Free Lottie chart PDF when you sign-up. Perfect to start your history or to introduce a child to genealogy.